GROWING AWARENESS OF THE IMPORTANCE OF GLUTEN-FREE CERTIFICATION LEADS TO 108 PRODUCTS BEING CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE
Growing Awareness of the Importance of Gluten-free Certification Leads to 108 Products Being Certified Gluten-Free by Gluten Intolerance Group’s GFCO in May and June
AUBURN, Wash. (July 16, 2019)— The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG), the industry leader in the certification of gluten-free products and food services, announces that it certified 108 products from 14 brands in May and June through its Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO) program. The newly certified gluten-free products include a variety of snacks, spices, beverages, sauces and pasta.
Growing awareness of the importance of gluten-free certification has led producers of gluten-free products to understand the value of quality assessment and control measures throughout production, in order to ensure the safety of their customers. As an internationally recognized certification symbol of safety among consumers, GFCO combines the process of stringent desk audits of ingredients and suppliers with regular on-site inspections and monitoring of test results to ensure the highest gluten-free standards are met. The following products were certified by GFCO in May and June:
- Annie Chun’s—8 products certified, including Organic Seaweed snacks Sea Salt & Vinegar and Organic Seaweed snacks Wasabi
- Doguet’s—Conventional Rice and Organic Rice certified
- GeeFree—3 products certified, including Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Puffs and Everything-on-it Bagel Puffs
- Joyfull—Joyfull Cheese Crisps and Joyfull Everything Cheese Crisps
- Jumby—9 products certified, including Bedtime Balm and Body Balm for Sensitive Skin
- Kalustyan—39 products certified, including Anise and Coriander
- Liviva—14 products certified, including Organic Black Bean Pasta – Fettuccine and Organic Shirataki Pasta – Angel Hair with Oat Fiber
- Magic Spoon—3 products certified, including Cinnamon and Cocoa
- MUD\WTR—10 products certified, including MUD\WTR and MUD\WTR Creamer
- Perfectly Crisp—4 products certified, including Perfectly Crisp Cheese Crisps and Perfectly Crisp Quinoa Cheese Crisps
- Quantum Energy Squares—3 products certified, including Coconut Almond Chip and Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate
- Scents—7 products certified, including Concentrated Soy Protein and Soy Fiber
- Snackwerks—GF Coated Oats certified
- Tia Lupita Foods—3 products certified, including Tia Lupita Chipotle and Tia Lupita Salsa Verde
About the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG)
The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit association funded by private donations, fundraising, sponsorship opportunities and industry programs. It relies on tax-deductible contributions to support its many innovative industry, service, social and awareness programs. GIG has been a highly respected leader in the gluten-free community since it was founded in 1974. In addition to more than 70 local branches across the United States, GIG has increased its presence internationally to over 47 countries. GIG empowers the gluten-free community through consumer support, advocacy and education.
The Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), a program of GIG, is a leader in the verification of quality, integrity and purity of gluten-free products. The Gluten-Free Food Service (GFFS) Certification Program is a proven model of established best practices for food service facilities offering gluten-free options. GIG is committed to ongoing food safety research to assure customers and consumers the highest level of excellence in its gluten-free programs and services. For information, visit www.gluten.org.
Media Contact: Joe Scolaro, Sterling Kilgore, email@example.com, 630-964-8500 x224