AUBURN, Wash. (Oct. 5, 2017)—The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG), the industry leader in the certification of gluten-free products and food services, announced today that a wide range of products, from sunscreen to quinoa to protein shakes, received gluten-free certification in August/September. GIG’s Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), the largest gluten-free certification program in North America, certified 99 products over the two-month period. Additionally, one manufacturing facility completed certification. The following brands had products certified as gluten-free in August/September:
- Pure Growth Organic—eight products received certification, including Veggie Chip BBQ, Veggie Chip Dill, and Veggie Chip Spicy Salsa
- Black’s Family—two products received certification: Beet Tortilla Chips and Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips
- Suncore Foods—seven products received certification, including Chia Raw Black, Protein Shake Chocolate Turmeric, Quinoa Royal Pearl and Turmeric Curcuma Longa
- Hanamaruki—Liquid Shio Koji
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery—three products received certification: Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, Fudge Brownie Mix and Vanilla Cake Mix
- California Natural Delight—Super Fine Almond Flour
- Tiny Hero—four Quinoa products received certification
- Levant—Falafel Chips
- Blue Evolution—Blue Evolution Shells & Cheese
- MADE OF—three products received certification: Diaper Cream, Nipple Balm and Sunscreen
- Nosh Mates—eight products received certification, including Crispy Green Apple Chips & Chocolate Flavored Caramel Dip, Gluten Free Pretzels & Dark Chocolate Fudge Dip
- Great Value—four products certified, including Gluten Free Alfredo Rotini Pasta Side and Gluten Free Deluxe Shells Mac & Cheese
- Siren Snacks—four products were certified, including Cookie Dough Protein Bites and Snickerdoodle Protein Bites
- BEAR Nibbles—51 products received certification, including BEAR Claws Apple Pear Pumpkin, BEAR Pure Fruit Paws Arctic and BEAR Pure Fruit Yoyos Mango
- Quality Pasta Company LLC—manufacturing facility completed certification
Products certified by GFCO carry the GF logo—an easily identified certification seal that provides consumer assurance that the product meets the strictest gluten-free standards. GFCO certifies both that a company’s processes and facilities meet GFCO’s standards and also that the products produced meet a standard of 10 ppm-or-less gluten.
About the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG)
The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit association funded by private donations, fundraising, sponsorship opportunities and industry programs. It relies on tax-deductible contributions to support its many innovative industry, service, social and awareness programs. GIG has been a highly respected leader in the gluten-free community since it was founded in 1974. In addition to more than 70 local branches across the United States, GIG has increased its presence internationally to over 29 countries. GIG empowers the gluten-free community through consumer support, advocacy and education.
The Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), a program of GIG, is a leader in the verification of quality, integrity and purity of gluten-free products. The Gluten-Free Food Service (GFFS) Certification Program is a proven model of established best practices for food service facilities offering gluten-free options. GIG is committed to ongoing food safety research to assure customers and consumers the highest level of excellence in its gluten-free programs and services. For information, visit www.gluten.org.