The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG), the industry leader in the certification of gluten-free products and food services, announced that 16 products and one facility were certified by its Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO) program in February. GFCO, the largest gluten-free certification program in North America, certifies food, beverage and supplement products as well as manufacturing facilities with a program that involves risk assessment, plant audits, equipment testing and product testing both in the plant and at the point of consumer purchase.
The following gluten-free products and facilities met GFCO’s standards and were certified this February:
- 4th & Heart—Original, Himalayan Pink Salt, Madagascar Vanilla Bean, White Truffle Salt, California Garlic
- JOUZGE—Chocolate Mint Film, Chocolate Mint Display, Chocolate Peanut Butter Film, Chocolate Peanut Butter Display, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Film, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Display
- Jensen—Ground Beef Patties, Ground Beef
- Prince & Spring—Organic White Quinoa, Organic Black Chia Seeds
- Au Bon Pain—Gluten Free Brownie
- Alera Technologies—certified manufacturing facility
Unlike other certification programs, GFCO not only certifies that a company’s processes meet GFCO’s standards, but also that the products produced meet the 10 ppm-or-less standard, a stricter standard than the 20 ppm required by the FDA for gluten-free labeled products.
Products certified by GFCO carry the GF logo—an easily identified certification seal that provides consumer assurance that the product meets the strictest gluten-free standards. Certification not only reassures consumers that the product has been tested and the manufacturing site inspected, it also saves consumers time spent researching a manufacturer for the gluten-free status of a product.