San Antonio Express-News, December 16, 2013
Anne Barfield, Branch Manager of GIG San Antonio, as well as Lola O’Rourke, GIG registered dietitian provided input, including these tips on dining out:
• If possible, go to restaurants that you have determined ahead of time have gluten-free options.
• Dine at off-hours rather than at peak times, so you’ll be more likely to receive adequate attention
of servers and other staff.
• Sauces and salad dressings must also be confirmed gluten-free.
• Ask whether gluten-free items are prepared separately from gluten-containing items to avoid
• Avoid fried foods that may be gluten-free themselves but are fried in oil also used for gluten containing foods.
Link to full article http://us.mediaplanet.com/gluten-free/how-safe-is-dining-out-gluten-free